ANNAPOLIS, MD – The Maryland Department of Agriculture will host an inbound trade mission of beer, wine, and spirits distributors from the European Union on November 5-6. Participating Maryland companies will have an opportunity to host EU buyers that have been recruited by the Southern U.S. Trade Association (SUSTA). The department is a member of SUSTA, which supports state departments of agriculture throughout the region.
"Maryland's craft beverage industry is booming, and this trade mission will allow our producers to showcase their world-class products to European buyers," said Maryland Agriculture Secretary Joe Bartenfelder. "We are excited to continue our work with SUSTA in opening new international markets for Maryland goods, and I encourage all Maryland brewers, winemakers, and distillers to take advantage this opportunity."
More on Marylandian
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- FDA Authorizes Marketing of the First Genetic Test to Aid in the Diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome
- Condor Hospitality Trust Provides Update on Acquisition by NexPoint Hospitality Trust
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
Maryland beer exports totaled $1.3 million in 2018 with more than $994,000 going to the EU, according Euromonitor, Inc. Worldwide exports of Maryland wine and spirits totaled more than $79,000 and $2 million, respectively. This inbound trade mission is part of the department's continued efforts to build international markets for the state's agricultural products.
The department will set up one-on-one meetings between buyers and registered Maryland producers. Companies interested in participating should contact Theresa Brophy at 410-841-5781 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for registration is September 20.
More information on the trade mission is available on the SUSTA website: www.susta.org/event/search/.
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- Lab Properties' New Sale-Leaseback Program Provides Cannabis Operators with Working Capital
- Inna Organic Receives Global Recognition as Premium Clean Beauty Brand
- Ten Years of Charity and Comedy for Curing Lung Cancer
- Erth's Prehistoric Aquarium Adventure Brings Interactive Family Show to Weinberg Center
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- Meeting Notice: Maryland Agricultural Land Preservation Foundation Board to Meet February 25
- GEARWRENCH Ups Ratchet Game with New 90-Tooth Line
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
- Xometry Announces Recipients of the Annual Excellence In Manufacturing Awards
- blueEHR Health IT Platform Awarded Public Health Management Corporation Contract
- Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street, to Speak at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- The Global Premedia Network (GPN) announced today further expansion of its strategic partnership with premedia providers from Europe and Oceania
- TV Personality Santana Rodriguez Inks Deal with New Media Company, Expanding Audience for Her Popular TV Series "Shaping Up with Santana"
- METAvivor Research and Support, Inc. Announces New Board Members and Officers
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
- Frederick Speaker Series Brings Political Satirist P.J. O'Rourke to Weinberg Stage