Applications for this round of funding are due April 3 by 5 p.m. Applications may be for pet-focused projects, feral cat-focused projects, or capital expense/equipment requests.
Eligible organizations include municipal or county governments and 501(c)3 nonprofit animal welfare organizations. Applicants must be in good standing with the IRS, State of Maryland, and local Animal Control Authority. See the program's RFP document for more information on eligibility and the application process. Updated application-specific guidelines, forms, and other materials are available on the program's website.
More on Marylandian
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- FDA Achieves Key Milestone, Finalizes Framework That Will Resume Shellfish Trade with Europe for the First Time in 10 Years
- Ideanomics Hires Dr. Liqing Hu a Fuel Cell Expert For Its EV Truck Division
- Cellphire President G. Michael Fitzpatrick Awarded Armed Services Program Lifetime Achievement Award
The Spay and Neuter Grants Program was established by the Maryland General Assembly during the 2013 Legislative Session. A seven-member advisory board, appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, provides advice on how the fund should be administered; how competitive grants should be solicited and evaluated; and what information the department should require from local animal shelters and other qualifying animal welfare organizations. The board also provided recommendations to the guidelines and regulations needed to implement the program. More information on the program is available on its website.
Funding for this program comes solely from fees paid by the pet food industry for each product they register to sell within the state. To date, the program has funded 154 projects around the state, that have collectively completed over 55,000 spay/neuter procedures.
For more information or questions about the program, contact Spay and Neuter Grants Program Coordinator Nathaniel Boan at (410) 841-5766 or nathaniel.Boan@maryland.gov.
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- Be The Generation with Representation
- CMS Now Requires Health Care Workers to Receive Access to Long Term Care Facility Patients to Improve Resident Outcomes, Reports the Polaris Group
- Hip Hop Artist C.Y.B. is Slated to Release His New Album Called, "Today We Ready."
- FDA Launches the Digital Health Center of Excellence
- Accurate Rubber Corporation is Proud to Announce ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Visit Potter-Tioga State Parks Recognized as 'Most Beautiful Fall Foliage' in Pennsylvania
- Nous Imaging Receives 510(k) Clearance from FDA for FIRMM Software
- Evolve IP Enhances Its Microsoft Teams and Cisco Voice Direct Routing Platform
- SCLogic Announces European Expansion
- Nutter Home Loans and Tamara Day Announce Alliance
- Global Leader in Dock and Yard Management Solutions Releases its Latest White Paper, The Paperless Pandemic: How Ditching Documents Keeps People Safe
- The Nation's Leading Chiropractor Announces First Cutting-Edge Facility in Pennsylvania
- International Spy Reveals Secret Past/Future Concerns
- Islamic Leadership Institute of America Hosts Advocacy and Public Policy Graduation
- Community First Health Plans Announces Theresa Scepanski as President and Chief Executive Officer
- AUA College of Medicine Partners with Fisk University
- Permian Museum Adds Gallery of Unknown Life Forms
- U.S. Justice Department, SEC, IRS and Judges Discuss Cross-Border Fraud Litigation at Virtual Fraud, Asset Tracing & Recovery Forum Next Month
- Walker & Dunlop Hires Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- ASR Media Productions Wins a Mid-Atlantic Emmy®