Applications for this round of funding are due April 3 by 5 p.m. Applications may be for pet-focused projects, feral cat-focused projects, or capital expense/equipment requests.
Eligible organizations include municipal or county governments and 501(c)3 nonprofit animal welfare organizations. Applicants must be in good standing with the IRS, State of Maryland, and local Animal Control Authority. See the program's RFP document for more information on eligibility and the application process. Updated application-specific guidelines, forms, and other materials are available on the program's website.
More on Marylandian
- Califia and the Timeless Sentries Episode II "Legacies" Streaming Now on YouTube!
- New Research Finds Digital Learning Platforms Are a Cost-Effective Way to Improve User Proficiency of Mission-Critical IT Systems
- Evolve IP Integrates Microsoft Teams with Cisco Voice Communications; Enhances Microsoft Teams Phone Systems and Ensures Business Continuity
- Regency DRT acquires Jacksonville Florida restoration company
- The Felix Organization Announces Camp Felix Pride at The Fresh Air Fund
The Spay and Neuter Grants Program was established by the Maryland General Assembly during the 2013 Legislative Session. A seven-member advisory board, appointed by the Secretary of Agriculture, provides advice on how the fund should be administered; how competitive grants should be solicited and evaluated; and what information the department should require from local animal shelters and other qualifying animal welfare organizations. The board also provided recommendations to the guidelines and regulations needed to implement the program. More information on the program is available on its website.
Funding for this program comes solely from fees paid by the pet food industry for each product they register to sell within the state. To date, the program has funded 154 projects around the state, that have collectively completed over 55,000 spay/neuter procedures.
For more information or questions about the program, contact Spay and Neuter Grants Program Coordinator Nathaniel Boan at (410) 841-5766 or nathaniel.Boan@maryland.gov.
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- United States of Freight Launches New Company Website For Heavy Haul Logistics Services
- Rising Hip Hop Artist Cudlino Announces Debut Album W.I.T.S
- JACS Solutions Launches the New TD191 4G LTE Global USB Dongle
- SAE J1939 - GPS Module With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- INC Advisors offers Real Time Succession & Valuation Platform
- Symplast to Showcase Top Ranked Mobile EHR at Inaugural MIAMI COSMETIC SURGERY Meeting
- Ring Founder, Jamie Siminoff to Deliver Keynote at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- STG Logistics Welcomes Four New Vice Presidents to Sales Team
- Two Dogs Generate Over $100,000 For Critical Surgical Care For Children
- Maryland: Farmers May Apply Commercial Fertilizer to Small Grains Beginning February 15
- T. Rowe Price Group Declares Quarterly Dividend, Announces Its 2020 Investor Day
- ONE PARK FINANCIAL: One of the "Best and Brightest" Companies in the U.S
- Kratom Prices Are Dropping Even Though FDA and Indonesian Kratom Ban Is Looming in 2024
- New York City Author/Journalist Sues Boeing Over Exploding Boeing 737 Airplane Engine On Southwest Flight 1380
- mPower Technology Accelerates Growth with Expansion of Executive Team and Establishment of San Diego Office
- Bonkers Toys Continues To Lead The Way with YouTube Inspired Toys by Partnering with the Stars of Trinity & Beyond and Braille Skateboarding
- Insightra Medical Inc. launches "The Hernia Alliance"
- Work 365 Introduces more Payment Integrations
- Popular Browser Extension Leaves Beta
- Arctaris Impact Announces Arctaris Baltimore