These centers are part of a volunteer certification program of existing licensed stables that welcome the general public of all ages and experience levels to learn about horses in a knowledgeable and friendly environment.
The seven new Horse Discovery Centers include:
- Camp Letts Equestrian Center — Edgewater (Anne Arundel County) Coexist Stables LLC — Mount Airy (Carroll County) Foxie G Foundation — Union Bridge (Frederick County) Linden Farm — La Plata (Charles County) Molly Hill Farm — Whiteford (Harford County) Talisman Therapeutic Riding Inc. — Queenstown (Queen Anne's County) Wellspring of Life Farm — Monkton (Baltimore County)
These seven stables were recently recognized at the Maryland Horse Council's annual barbecue at Sagamore Farm in Reisterstown.
More on Marylandian
- Waveband Communications Relaunches New Website
- New 2020 Emsculpt Breakthrough Dual-Treatment Technology and "Miracle Laser" of the Cosmetic Industry Now at Perfect Body Laser on Long Island, NY
- Maryland: Meeting Notice: Soil Health Advisory Committee to Meet December 2
- Zip Refund Celebrates A Decade of Service For Independent Tax Preparers
- IntelChief Joins Movement to Shine a Spotlight on Fraud International Fraud Awareness Week, which kicks off Nov. 17, 2019 worldwide
"Maryland's Horse Discovery Centers are at the heart of our state's equine industry," said Maryland Agriculture Secretary Joe Bartenfelder. "For many visitors, the Horse Discovery Centers provide their first experience on a working horse farm. The centers play a critical role in engaging the public and showing them just how important the equine industry is in Maryland."
"With the addition of these seven Horse Discovery Centers, this brings the total number of centers to 40 in 18 different counties around the state," said Jim Steele, Chair of the Maryland Horse Industry Board. "These stables are part of the horse community's outreach, making it accessible for every Marylander to learn about horses and to get involved."
Many of the stables offer monthly "Open Barns," where the public is invited to visit and interact with horses first-hand. They offer a wide range of experiences from demonstrations and hands-on activities to farm tours and volunteer opportunities. Many stables also offer riding lessons, trail rides, and pony rides.
More on Marylandian
- Appointment of Board Director and CEO, Quantgate Systems Inc. formerly Epcylon Technologies Inc
- The Use Of AI In Healthcare Hiring Doubles
- ArmadaHealth® Announces the QualityCare Navigator℠, the First of its Kind Healthcare Navigation-as-a-Service
- Community Foundation of Frederick County Award Grant to Weinberg Center
- NYC Church Takes A Radical Approach To Grief During Thanksgiving Weekend
"Horse Discover Centers are a great resource for folks to learn about horses, Maryland horse shows, and equine events," said Anne Litz, Maryland Horse Industry Board's Field Marketing Specialist. "The centers also serve as a recruitment opportunity to refer future equestrians to organizations like 4-H, Pony Clubs, and other equine associations."
A full listing of Horse Discovery Centers and their contact information is available at www.mda.maryland.gov/horseboard.
For more information on the Horse Discovery Centers and Maryland's equine industry, contact Anne Litz at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ross Peddicord at email@example.com, 410-841-5798.
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- PearlFection Dentistry invests in state of the art Cone Beam CT scanner (3D imaging), Panoramic X-ray System, and Cephalometric X-ray system
- Bob Holz to Release New Album with Rolling Stones Bassist Darryl Jones
- Competitive Financial Solutions for Business Development
- TM Design Wins 2019 MarCom Award
- Statement from Sarah Yim, M.D., acting director of the Office of Therapeutic Biologics and Biosimilars in the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, on FDA's continued progress facilitating competition in the biologic marketplace with approval of
- Connected Real Estate Summit Launched in Partnership with the #TechSuperShow 2020 in Florida
- Todd M. Wickwire Named Chief Executive Officer of WMS Partners
- MPT Series Maryland Farm & Harvest Visits Allegany, Garrett, Howard, and St. Mary's Counties and Baltimore City During Nov. 19 episode
- National Opioid Crisis Expert, Speaker & Author Dr. John Rosa On Connects Opioids & Mental Health
- Axiros Announces A Strategic Technology Partnership With AudioCodes
- FDA approves new antibacterial drug to treat complicated urinary tract infections as part of ongoing efforts to address antimicrobial resistance
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens New Urgent Care Clinic in Tucker, GA
- Annapolis Shakespeare Company presents A CHRISTMAS CAROL
- Process Technology Wins Respected Fast Track 50 Award!
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
- Telaeris and Coppernic Partner on Identity Authentication Solution for Europe
- Xometry Supplies Adds Plastics to Materials Offering
- Telaeris et Coppernic s'associent pour fournir une solution d'authentification de l'identité en Europe
- The Next Generation of HVAC Vents - Powered by Artificial Intelligence!
- EasyIO introduces a new breed of Building Controller