- Crowds Wire LTD is Launching the Marketing Agency New Site
- Trina Rockstarr "Diamond Princess" Apes into Metaverse with 456 Collectors Club
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
Cats represent 30% (or $13.1 billion) of pet food sector sales, according to Packaged Facts' just-released Cats: U.S. Pet Market Trends and Opportunities, compared with a 31% share of non-food pet supply sales and a 28% share of veterinary sector revenues.
Fully in line with dog owners, over nine out of ten cat owners consider their cats to be part of the family. And as with dog owners, a large majority of U.S. cat owners believe that their feline friends have beneficial impacts on their physical and emotional health.
To the credit of many pet industry participants, the treatment of cats as an afterthought is beginning to change as retailers, marketers, product developers, and investors pay noticeably more attention to cats.
More on Marylandian
- Mr. Ismail Sirdah – A Man Of Intelligence And Patience
- UNDER ARMOUR ANNOUNCES FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL-YEAR 2021 EARNINGS CONFERENCE CALL DATE
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- Think Systems Announces Promotions and a New Hire Amid Robust Growth
- Culinary And Cannabis Presents The CannaSpa Celebrity Gifting Lounge In Honor of Super Bowl LVI
Market growth and development opportunities span the pet industry sector. For example, minimally processed frozen and refrigerated products are at the forefront of today's natural pet food thrust, but marketers in this fast-growing niche remains distinctly dog-focused.
Similarly, although many marketers offer cat treats, historically the selections have been less robust than for dogs, and some cat food marketers have sidestepped cat treats completely. The situation has changed in recent years, however, in tandem with a steady increase in usage for cat treats.
On the non-food side of the aisle, comfort and health considerations are top-of-mind, especially with pet owners sheltering at home alongside their pets since the COVID-19 pandemic. Nearly one in three dog and cat owners (30%-31%) bought special products to make their pets more comfortable, and one in five (20%) are more concerned about their pet's health and wellness due to COVID-19.
Nutritional supplements, correspondingly, saw a pandemic-related bump in sales. On the pet side, top health concerns include pet anxiety/stress (with 24% of cat owners "especially concerned") and immunity (21% of cat owners).
A significant portion of cat owners (13%) are caring for pets with aging-related special needs. These senior pets generally require more – and more personalized – care than their younger counterparts.
More on Marylandian
- Forced Electrification Could Cost Maryland Consumers More Than $26,000 per Household, New CEA Report Finds
- Console & Associates, P.C. Explores Possible Lawsuits Stemming from Dark Herring Scamware
- Master Magnetics Offers Neodymium Magnets for Sale
- Overstock Kitchen: Your Destination For Cookware To Prepare Your Favorite Homemade Meals
- Gangstagrass Brings Unique Bluegrass Hip-Hop Fusion to Weinberg
The importance of health care costs and payment management concerns notwithstanding, they are not at the top of the list of cat owner priorities for veterinary services. A focus on preventative care claims the top spot, being especially important to 49% of cat owners, and in second place is vets' availability for pet emergencies.
Moreover, according to the Packaged Facts report, tech devices for cats as well as dogs will continue gaining momentum, especially in the areas of behavioral, entertainment, and tracking/monitoring. But the most important opportunity for cat market advancement, as Lummis emphasizes, is also the most obvious one: an increased focus on cats.
About Packaged Facts
Packaged Facts, a division of MarketResearch.com, publishes market intelligence on a wide range of consumer market topics, including consumer demographics and shopper insights, the food and beverage market, consumer financial products and services, consumer goods and retailing, and pet products and services. Packaged Facts also offers a full range of custom research services. Reports can be purchased at our company website and are also available through MarketResearch.com.
For more essential insights from Packaged Facts be sure to follow us on Twitter (@packaged_facts), LinkedIn, and YouTube.
SOURCE Packaged Facts
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Marylandian
- CyberSecurity Malaysia, EclecticIQ, and Syntx Sign MOU to Build Cyber Threat Intelligence Capabilities in the Region
- Metavivor Announces Grant Awards For Metastatic Breast Cancer Research
- COPT Sells DC-6 for $222.5 Million
- Commercial Collection Bureau Partners with Leadferno for B2B Text Messaging and More
- 11Sight Welcomes Jason Carver as Vice President of Product Management
- Maxim Biomedical Inc. Receives EUA for New ClearDetect™ COVID-19 Antigen Home Test
- Hutch Incubator Announces a New Cohort of Digital Services Companies
- Meeting Notice: Maryland State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners Meeting Scheduled for Jan. 27
- Author, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, And Public Speaker, Mel Jackson To Appear As Keynote Speaker
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- TRU Staffing Partners Privacy Expert Earns IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager Credential
- Beacon Healthcare Systems Improves Medicare Application Processing Time by 92%
- THE PENNSYLVANIA HEALTH CARE ASSOCIATION WELCOMES REAL TIME MEDICAL SYSTEMS AS THEIR NEWEST BUSINESS PARTNER
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Enviva to Hold Conference Call for 2021 Financial Results
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- 3CLogic Announces Enhanced SMS Capabilities for ServiceNow in Upcoming Spring Release
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
- OpsVeda Announces Completion Of SOC 2 Type II Certification