- Melanin Planted, a black woman-owned company geared towards millennials and beginner plant parents
- Meet 100+ Wrestling Stars and Legends In North Carolina This Fall
- Meeting Notice: Maryland Agricultural Commission Fall Tour Scheduled for Oct. 12
Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) truck-based spraying to control adult mosquitoes is planned for the evening of Thursday, September 23, in parts of Bladensburg, Calvert Hills, College Park, Colmar Manor, Cottage City, Edmonston, Lakeland, North Brentwood, and Riverdale Park. Spraying will occur within a one-mile radius of the following intersections:
- 51st Street and Varnum Street
- Columbia Avenue and College Avenue
Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) truck-based spraying to control adult mosquitoes is planned for the evening of Sunday, September 26, in parts of Capitol Heights, Laurel, Pepper Mill Village, Seat Pleasant, and Yorkshire Knolls. Spraying will occur within a one-mile radius of the following intersections:
- Onyx Court and Pepper Mill Drive
- Harrison Drive and White Way
- Doublerock Court and Belle Chase Boulevard
Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) truck-based spraying to control adult mosquitoes is planned for the evening of Monday, September 27, in parts of Bowie and Oxon Hill. Spraying will occur within a one-mile radius of the following intersections:
- Capt. Wendell Pruitt Way and Stoneridge Court
- Ellerton Road and Excalibur Road
- English Oaks Drive and Collington Road
Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) truck-based spraying to control adult mosquitoes is planned for the evening of Tuesday, September 28, in parts of Greenbelt. Spraying will occur within a one-mile radius of the following intersections:
- Ridge Road and Eastway
Spraying will occur after 9 p.m. In the event of inclement weather, spraying will be rescheduled for the next available evening. Any existing spray exemptions in the area will be temporarily suspended.
More on Marylandian
- Activision and Electronic Arts Marketing Executive Kimberly Salzer Steps in as VP for Global Marketing of StrongNode.io
- STEM City USA Hosts K-12 Career Day Featuring Disney Imagineer, Lanny Smoot
- CityLights presents "MVP Football: The Patrick Mahomes Experience" - Now Available on Oculus
- Meeting Notice: Maryland State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners to Meet Oct. 28 via Teleconference
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
Mosquito Control personnel will use a permethrin-based solution that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has approved for use in public health mosquito control programs without posing unreasonable risks to human health. However, out of an abundance of caution, the department recommends avoiding outdoor activities during spraying.
While not all mosquitoes carry diseases, MDA suggests that residents take precautions to minimize their exposure to mosquito bites. These measures include:
- Wear long, loose fitting, light colored clothing
- Wear insect repellents according to product labels
- Avoid mosquito infested areas during prime periods of activity (between dusk and dawn)
- Install, inspect, and repair window and door screens in homes and stables
- Regularly clean bird baths and bowls for pet food and water
- Remove or empty all water-holding containers
All Marylanders are encouraged to follow the MDA's Twitter feed @MdAgMosquito that will post unscheduled spray events and other timely information about mosquito control in Maryland. Routine spray program schedules are available by county on the program's website.
More on Marylandian
- VORAGO Technologies' Arm® Cortex-M4 VA41630 Achieves Full Spaceflight Qualification
- Nationally-Recognized Attorney and Survivor Calling Leaders to Redefine Resilience in the Wake of Pandemic
- Informer Partners Announces Rebranding, Affirms Commitment to Clients
- ITSMA 2021 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
For more information, please call MDA's Mosquito Control Program at 410-841-5870.
Latest on Marylandian
- Picard Investment Group Announces Distribution Licensing Agreement of New Organic Medicinal Product for Shingles and Herpes Simplex Viruses
- "LA eats JAPAN" Comes to Little Tokyo in Los Angeles with Street Food and Live Performances
- Dave Reit (aka "DR") Releases New Single "Hiding" Featuring Futuristic
- Oklahoma The Newest Meet Now App has Arrived "Sooner" than Expected!
- 20:54 ET Walker & Dunlop Completes Sale of Luxury Multifamily Property in Westfield, New Jersey
- "Follows and Likes Is This All That I'm Worth?" A Multicultural Book for Teens and YA On How to Understand True Success in the Age of Social Media
- StrongNode.io Welcomes Fintech and Digital Payments Expert Eliza Hayashi as its New Advisor ahead of its $SNE Token Launch
- Maryland: PUBLIC NOTICE: Unscheduled Mosquito Control Activity in Baltimore County (Oct. 13)
- IaaS Technology Company StrongNode.io Announces SGG World's Natalia Sokolova as New Advisor for Investor Relations
- DG Meditech Opens Doors to North American Operations With Appointment of New Chief for Americas
- Willie D Joins Saitama LLC Crypto And NFT Content Creation Team In Multi-million Dollar Deal
- Classic Theatre of Maryland presents the second weekend of William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"
- Country Music Singer/Songwriter Jerrod Niemann comes to the Weinberg Stage
- 14:27 ET Maryland Attorney Releases Must-Have Guide for Employee Rights
- NATP urges taxpayers to save new IRS letter for advance child tax credit payments
- Mary's Center Receives Healthier Kids For Our Future Grant from Cigna Foundation
- Namify Launches a Premium Clothing Brand Name Generator Tool
- 09:15 ET Ascend Hotel Collection Honors Wyvern Hotel With 'Ascending Community Service Award'
- Children Rising Celebrates 20 Years of Nurturing and Tutoring Children in the Community
- Homeowners Can Now Sell Their House For Top Dollar Without The Hassles Of Listing It!