ANNAPOLIS, MD – The Maryland Department of Agriculture is now accepting nominations of farmers and farm families for the Governor's Agriculture Hall of Fame, which pays tribute to those who have dedicated their lives to the state's leading industry. Nominations are due Friday, October 4. Those selected for induction will be honored during the Taste of Maryland Agriculture event on February 6, 2020.
"Agriculture is the backbone of our rural communities and state economy. Our Maryland farmers work tirelessly, year-round to provide food, fiber, and nourishment for Maryland residents and many beyond our state borders," said Maryland Agriculture Secretary Joe Bartenfelder. "In recognition of the dedicated farm families throughout the state, I encourage residents to submit a nomination for the Governor's Agriculture Hall of Fame."
More on Marylandian
- The 35th Bill Pickett Rodeo Finale! Toyota, Ariat, Yeti Celebrates The Champions The Greatest Show
- Moms to Hold Press Conference at Capitol Hill on Constitution Day, Say "No" to Socialism
- The Integration of New Technologies Enhances Underwater Inspection (1 PDH)
- Menke to present at the 2019 NCEO Fall ESOP Forum September 17 -18
- New Event Bartending Business Launches With Two Veteran Annapolis Entrepreneurs At The Helm
Any farm family that derives its income principally from farming is eligible for the award. The Governor's Agriculture Hall of Fame, established in 1991, includes 50 farm families from 23 counties who have been honored for their high standards of conduct; personal values; contributions to their community; and performance, leadership, innovation, and achievement in agriculture.
Local Extension offices serve as local nominating committee coordinators. Each local nominating committee is made up of the county extension educator, county farm bureau president, county fair representative, and county soil conservation district chairman. Each committee reviews a pool of candidates from its county and forwards a selection to the Governor's Selection Committee. Only one farm family per county can be considered.
Applicants MUST work with their county Cooperative Extension Office in preparing the application, which should include as much information about the family as possible and address agricultural leadership, community activities, and technological and management advancements.
More on Marylandian
- Tuesday 9/17 at 1:30pm Ribbon cutting ceremony launches new Meals on Wheels regional office in MD
- The Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel, in Tokyo's Hip Shibuya Neighborhood, Will Open Three New Restaurants in Late November 2019
- Work It, Mama: Gugu Guru, KIDBOX and Working Mother Launch "Back to Work" Baby Registry
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Delivery Officer
- Sage IT Announces New Chief Customer Officer
The selection committee includes the Dean of the University of Maryland's College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the President of the Maryland Farm Bureau, and members of the agricultural community.
The application can be downloaded here. Applications are due no later than 5 p.m. on October 4.
For more information, contact Jessica O'Sullivan at 410-841-5881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- AccessLex Institute to Serve as Title Sponsor of National Pre-Law Diversity Initiatives, Inc.'s Outreach Events
- New study looks at whether your business writing is effective
- The Biafran Conscriptors: Memoirs of the Nigerian-Biafra Civil War (1967-1970)
- Fashion: ANTORINI enters the fashion world – an achievement celebrated across the globe
- BBQ RESCUES! Foundation Volunteer Hollywood Actress Katrina Kenally is in the Running for Maxim Covergirl
- Journeypure And After The Impact Announce New Intensive Wellness Program For Leaders, Legends And Heroes
- Riskpulse Launches Riskpulse OnTime, The Next Generation of Actionable Intelligence for Service Prediction & Delay Mitigation in Global Supply Chains
- Nightstick's 1000-Lumen XPR-5592 IS-Certified Scene Light Outshines All Other Floodlights
- SiliconExpert Now Offers ECAD Model Footprints and Symbols through Teaming with Ultra Librarian
- Miami trial lawyer Alex Reboso voted Best Lawyers' "Lawyer of Year"
- Wohler delivers industry-first multi-channel audio, 12G video monitor with Dolby Atmos processing
- Patton's new Virtual CPE Wins 2019 Communications Solutions Product of the Year
- Menke Client KJT Group Announces Transition to 100% Employee-Owned
- Stratum Nutrition® Hires Alexis Collins as Product Manager
- Sage IT Announces New Cloud Services Practice Leader
- InFlight Labs Awarded Third Patent for "GADSS" ELT, SATCOM, and ADS-B Distress Tracking Systems
- Century Fasteners Corp. and Cherry Aerospace at 2019 International Fastener Expo
- Absolut Care Voluntarily Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection
- 2two5™ Appointed Agency of Record for LightRX®
- Premiere Screening: "I AM MORE THAN MY HAIR"