ANNAPOLIS, MD – The Maryland Department of Agriculture is now accepting nominations of farmers and farm families for the Governor's Agriculture Hall of Fame, which pays tribute to those who have dedicated their lives to the state's leading industry. Nominations are due Friday, October 4. Those selected for induction will be honored during the Taste of Maryland Agriculture event on February 6, 2020.
"Agriculture is the backbone of our rural communities and state economy. Our Maryland farmers work tirelessly, year-round to provide food, fiber, and nourishment for Maryland residents and many beyond our state borders," said Maryland Agriculture Secretary Joe Bartenfelder. "In recognition of the dedicated farm families throughout the state, I encourage residents to submit a nomination for the Governor's Agriculture Hall of Fame."
More on Marylandian
- FDA Authorizes Marketing of the First Genetic Test to Aid in the Diagnosis of Fragile X Syndrome
- Condor Hospitality Trust Provides Update on Acquisition by NexPoint Hospitality Trust
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
Any farm family that derives its income principally from farming is eligible for the award. The Governor's Agriculture Hall of Fame, established in 1991, includes 50 farm families from 23 counties who have been honored for their high standards of conduct; personal values; contributions to their community; and performance, leadership, innovation, and achievement in agriculture.
Local Extension offices serve as local nominating committee coordinators. Each local nominating committee is made up of the county extension educator, county farm bureau president, county fair representative, and county soil conservation district chairman. Each committee reviews a pool of candidates from its county and forwards a selection to the Governor's Selection Committee. Only one farm family per county can be considered.
Applicants MUST work with their county Cooperative Extension Office in preparing the application, which should include as much information about the family as possible and address agricultural leadership, community activities, and technological and management advancements.
More on Marylandian
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- Author and Sex Therapist Dr. Donna Oriowo Launches Cocoa Butter & Hair Grease Website to Help Encourage Self-Love as it Relates to Skin and Hair
- National Opioid Crisis Exper & Author Dr. John Rosa Writes About the Impact of The Pharmacist
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
- Lab Properties' New Sale-Leaseback Program Provides Cannabis Operators with Working Capital
The selection committee includes the Dean of the University of Maryland's College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the President of the Maryland Farm Bureau, and members of the agricultural community.
The application can be downloaded here. Applications are due no later than 5 p.m. on October 4.
For more information, contact Jessica O'Sullivan at 410-841-5881 or email@example.com.
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- METAvivor Research and Support, Inc. Announces New Board Members and Officers
- Metavivor Announces Additional Metastatic Breast Cancer Research Awards
- Patriot Travel Reviews 7 New Viking River Cruise Ships for 2020
- Frederick Speaker Series Brings Political Satirist P.J. O'Rourke to Weinberg Stage
- "The Art of Email Security" Book Seeks To Help Companies Improve Their Cybersecurity Culture
- Maryland: Department to Phase Out Regular Use of Chlorpyrifos
- Annapolis Shakespeare Company presents YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN
- Ashley Addiction Treatment, Phoenix Foundation Collaborate to Build Library for Recovery High School
- Perdue Farms Outpaces Industry in Raising Chickens with Outdoor Access, Expands Free-Range Offerings
- Registration For The Fourth Annual Broccoli City Weekend Conference (#broccolicon2020) May 7-8th Now Open
- FuseFX, Award-Winning VFX Provider Expands with New Atlanta Location
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful
- American Design and Build and American Sentry Solar Opens Marketing Center to Accommodate Rapid Grow
- Maryland: Meeting Notice: Soil Health Advisory Committee to Meet March 2
- New Viruses Create Urgent Need for Fresh Flight product
- New Version of HLN's Award Winning Open Source Immunization Forecaster Released
- Meeting Notice: Maryland Agricultural Fair Board to Meet February 19
- SAM9000 AI Project Management App adds Document and Email Management, now available in full release
- Merkle's Latest Customer Engagement Report Finds 88% of Marketers Are Moving to Omni-channel Campaign Strategies
- Symplast Welcomes Former AtlasKPI Executive Randy Torban as Head of New Practice Analysis Department