Each year, the ASBP recognizes individuals in the blood banking field whose accomplishments have had a transformative effect on blood banking in the military. The Lifetime Achievement Award was established in 2009 and has since recognized those who exemplify tireless dedication to the military blood program.
"With four decades of outstanding leadership as a blood banking expert matched only by his commitment to the warfighter, we are honored to present the 2020 ASBP Lifetime Achievement Award to Col. Fitzpatrick," said Army Col. Audra L. Taylor, division chief, ASBP. "His career is truly great in scope and accomplishment."
Dr. Fitzpatrick served 29 years in the U.S. Army, retiring in 2003 as a Colonel. Throughout his military career, Dr. Fitzpatrick was involved in clinical transfusion medicine, blood collection and delivery, and clinical research. As the Director of the ASBP from 1999-2003, he provided oversight and planning of blood support operations to ensure delivery of blood and blood products to deployed troops.
More on Marylandian
- From Voting Systems to COVID-19 Pandemic, Industrial and Systems Engineers Tackle Tough Topics on International Podcast
- Wooask S01 - World's Most Powerful AI Voice Recorder
- Under Armour Enters Into Definitive Agreement To Sell The MyFitnessPal Platform To Francisco Partners
- Lee Doubleo Drops Debut Single 'SLUSHIE' with Sexy Halloween Club Banger Theme
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
"It's a privilege and an honor to receive the ASBP Lifetime Achievement Award," said Dr. Fitzpatrick. "I want to thank those who nominated me and the committee that selected me as the recipient of this award. It was an honor to serve my country and support troops globally. Now as a civilian working at Cellphire, I hope to continue my work in supporting our troops and civilians by ultimately bringing next generation blood products, including freeze-dried platelets, to both battlefield and civilian medicine."
Learn more here: https://militaryblood.dod.mil/About/fitzpatrick_story.aspx
Cellphire, Inc. is a biotechnology company developing next-generation therapeutics. The company is applying its proprietary cell stabilization technology to all cell types, including platelets, to develop lifesaving products. Its lead product is Thrombosomes®, a freeze-dried hemostatic derived from human platelets. Cellphire's technology has potential applications across a wide range of medical applications from trauma to wound care, imaging, targeted drug delivery, and regenerative medicine. For more information, visit www.cellphire.com.
More on Marylandian
- BotaniCuisine: Plant-Powered Meat Months
- ILoveLeasing.com® Spherexx CRM Gains Twenty-Four Companies in 2020
- CPower Retained by Commonwealth of Massachusetts to Provide ISO-NE, Utility Demand Management Services
- Ace Comic Con Announces Limited Edition Exclusives Of The Boys #1 Comics From Dynamite Entertainment
- Want to Buy Website Traffic? Here's What You Should Know
About the Armed Services Blood Program
Since 1962, the Armed Services Blood Program has served as the sole provider of blood for the United States military. As a joint operation, the ASBP collects, processes, stores and distributes blood and blood products to service members and their families worldwide. As one in four national blood collection organizations trusted to ensure the nation has a safe, potent blood supply, the ASBP works closely with our civilian counterparts by sharing donors on military installations where there are no military collection centers and by sharing blood products in times of need to maximize availability of this national treasure. For more information, visit https://www.militaryblood.dod.mil/.
SOURCE Cellphire, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Marylandian
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- Maryland: Deadline for Planting Cover Crops Extended to Nov. 12
- JBG SMITH Named Top Workplace in the Washington Area by The Washington Post
- FDA In Brief: FDA Announces Investigations of Two Outbreaks of E. coli O157:H7 Illnesses
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Dolby Atmos Now Available for Wohler's iAM-12G-SDI
- Perdue Farms Shares Progress on Industry-Leading Animal Care Goals, New Initiatives during Fifth Annual Animal Care Summit
- Ventev Awarded Patent for Innovative T-Bar Bracket for Aruba 500 Series Access Points
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
- Integration of Movilitas.Cloud and NiceLabel Simplifies Serialized Label Printing for Highly Regulated Industries
- Greeting Card Association Announces Virtual Line Up
- Maven Announces Expansion Plans With New USA Partner
- White Star Investments Acquires Dupont Circle Restaurant Space
- Merkle's Q3 2020 Digital Marketing Report Shows Strong Growth in E-commerce and Retail, While Sectors like Travel and Financial Services Remain Down Y/Y
- Islamic Leadership Institute America and Aging People in Prison Present Virtual Letter Writing Night
- Green Bee Buzzes Into Whole Foods Market's Mid-Atlantic Region
- OpsVeda 9.0 focuses on agility and automation needs of enterprises in the post-Covid era
- BlueSteel Cybersecurity Launches Advanced Cybersecurity & CMMC Services