- Canadian Turnaround Software and Telecom CEO joins CEO Coaching International
- Department Encourages Marylanders to Reduce Mosquito Breeding Zones at Home
- Tropidelic and JSG Live announce the inaugural EVERWILD Music Festival Aug 13 – 14, 2021 in Newark, OH
Harden plans to build a big tent coalition in a district which has eluded the Democrats for more than a decade. Maryland is poised to be remapped prior to the 2022 election, likely making the First District a highly contested congressional district in a race that will help determine the majority in the House of Representatives.
Harden can tout his bipartisan track record to voters: he was appointed by President Barack Obama, and subsequently confirmed by a bipartisan vote in the Senate, to serve as the Assistant Administrator for the U.S. Agency for International Development's Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance in 2016. In 2018, President Donald Trump awarded Harden the Presidential Award for Distinguished Service, the highest honor in the Foreign Service.
More on Marylandian
- Northlane Capital Partners' Portfolio Company MultiTech Acquires Radio Bridge
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
The sitting incumbent, Andy Harris, is a six-term Republican. Harris' actions during and after the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol motivated Harden to run for congress. Harris is particularly vulnerable in this campaign after the attack on the Capitol. He voted to overturn Joe Biden's win, nearly got into a fist fight with Rep. Colin Alred (D-Texas) in the early hours of January 7, refused to honor the Capitol Police who defended lawmakers during the attack, and voted against the 2022 Defense budget.
Dave Harden will focus on jobs and the economy. Maryland's First District has lagged behind the economic development of the broader mid-Atlantic region. "We have lost a decade with Andy Harris," Harden said. "If you look at the metrics, we are simply poorer, sicker, less protected, and more divided. It's time for more results and less politics."
The Maryland primary is June 22, 2022, the general election is November 8, 2022. Voters can learn more about Dave Harden at www.hardenforcongress.com.
SOURCE Harden for Congress LLC
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Marylandian
- COPT Executes Major Pre-Leases with Defense Contractor at Redstone Gateway
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine Signs Progression Agreement with University of South Wales
- Buying and Selling a House in a Hot Market
- MissTraders Entrepreneurship Awards Banquet
- Michael Feehely, CPA, CCIFP®, Joins The Hoffman Group
- New Adult Crypto Co. MEINU Teams Up with Webcam Superstars to Launch New Coin!
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
- Brave Healer Productions Releases The Wellness Universe Guide to Self-Care: 25 Tools to Achieve Anything
- 8th Annual American Reality Television Awards – Presenters & Appearances
- 50-State Data Report Confirms Urgent Need To Make Game-Changing Expanded Child Tax Credit Permanent
- Ismail Sirdah on What to Prioritize When Hosting an Event
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
- Scallop Software is now a GSA MULTIPLE SCHEDULE approved vendor. Congratulations from Brian Peterson and the Government Marketplace LLC team
- Overlooked Hurricane Katrina Mississippi Black Women Survivors Resilience and Recovery
- Paul Sinacore Casting Shines Spotlight On "Friends: The Reunion" as Diversity Backlash Continues
- ACN Inc. Reaches Agreement for the Purchase of Assets of Kynect Ltd
- Is A Licensed Property Manager Required In Nevada?
- 7-Year Old Singer/Songwriter Kyra Pesebre Releases "I Love You, Dad" In Time For Father's Day
- The KIS Foundation, Inc. Celebrates World Sickle Cell Day "Day of Physical Fitness and Education"
- Industry Leaders Spotlight the New Payer Regulatory and Compliance Environment at Beacon Leadership Summit