"Horses are a critical economic driver in Maryland and an important part of our agriculture industry," said Agriculture Secretary Joseph Bartenfelder. "The equine sector alone adds an additional $1.3 billion dollars to the state economy and impacts more than 21,000 jobs statewide. The grants provided by the Maryland Horse Industry Board and the Maryland Feed Fund ensure that our state remains a world-class equestrian epicenter for years to come."
Projects will be evaluated for the quality of their written presentation, potential impact and value to the industry, feasibility of the project, financial need, and potential for matching funds. Grant requests should not exceed $3,000. The average grant amount is approximately $1,200. In 2020, 38 projects received $30,000 in grant allocations.
More on Marylandian
- Maryland State Young Adult Project Management Training and Career Coaching
- Federal Case Against Google Too Narrow, But a Start: Maryland Smith Expert
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine and University of the Southwest Partner to Offer Students Medical School Opportunity
- Maryland: New Regulations Expand Hemp Program to Commercial Growers
- From Voting Systems to COVID-19 Pandemic, Industrial and Systems Engineers Tackle Tough Topics on International Podcast
Applicants are strongly urged to carefully read changes in the 2021 grant guidelines. Proposals that are aligned with action items found in the 2019 Maryland Horse Forum Report will be given strong consideration as well as applications that aim to enhance diversity and inclusion in the Maryland horse industry.
Organizations eligible for grants include, but are not limited to, non-profit organizations, clubs and associations, businesses, licensed farms and stables, government entities, schools, and educational institutions. Projects of interest to the MHIB include those that develop new opportunities for the Maryland horse industry.
Grant recipients will be announced no later than January 1, 2021. Funding will be available after that date. Projects should be completed by June 30, 2021.
More on Marylandian
- Wooask S01 - World's Most Powerful AI Voice Recorder
- Under Armour Enters Into Definitive Agreement To Sell The MyFitnessPal Platform To Francisco Partners
- Lee Doubleo Drops Debut Single 'SLUSHIE' with Sexy Halloween Club Banger Theme
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
- BotaniCuisine: Plant-Powered Meat Months
Funding for these grants and for the MHIB is provided by the Maryland Feed Fund, which collects $6 on every ton of horse feed sold in Maryland. Since the Maryland Feed Fund was established in 2002, the MHIB has awarded over $500,000 in grants to nearly 400 projects throughout Maryland. The MHIB was established in 1998 to promote and develop the equine industry in Maryland.
The 2021 grant guidelines and grant applications can be found online. For more information on the MHIB or the Maryland Feed Fund, visit the MHIB's website or contact the MHIB's Executive Director Ross Peddicord at 240-344-0000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- Sparks Group Celebrates 50 Years: A Half Century of Connecting Great Talent to Great Companies
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- Women of Color STEM Conference Promotes Social Connection With Virtual and Live-Streaming Experience
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- Maryland: Deadline for Planting Cover Crops Extended to Nov. 12
- JBG SMITH Named Top Workplace in the Washington Area by The Washington Post
- FDA In Brief: FDA Announces Investigations of Two Outbreaks of E. coli O157:H7 Illnesses
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Dolby Atmos Now Available for Wohler's iAM-12G-SDI
- Perdue Farms Shares Progress on Industry-Leading Animal Care Goals, New Initiatives during Fifth Annual Animal Care Summit
- Ventev Awarded Patent for Innovative T-Bar Bracket for Aruba 500 Series Access Points
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
- Integration of Movilitas.Cloud and NiceLabel Simplifies Serialized Label Printing for Highly Regulated Industries
- Greeting Card Association Announces Virtual Line Up
- Maven Announces Expansion Plans With New USA Partner
- White Star Investments Acquires Dupont Circle Restaurant Space
- Merkle's Q3 2020 Digital Marketing Report Shows Strong Growth in E-commerce and Retail, While Sectors like Travel and Financial Services Remain Down Y/Y