- 'Becoming Black Lawyers' Set to Premiere on FOX SOUL Streaming Network
- MPT Series Maryland Farm & Harvest Visits Dorchester, St. Mary's, and Queen Anne's Counties and Baltimore City During February 20 Episode
- Celebrating the Remarkable Journey of Ms. Donna L. Quesinberry
Mark Garey, President of Local 355, expressed his shock at the working conditions of the drivers. "When I first met Up To Date Laundry drivers, they were working 60 to 65 hours a week and never received a penny of overtime. This is unconscionable in 2024," he stated.
The new members will join workers at Ryder Transportation and US Foods who also recently organized with Local 355 in order to gain the respect they deserve on the job.
More on Marylandian
- Tone Commander Launches DOD-Certified, Push-to-Talk, Secure SIP Phones
- Maryland: State Soil Conservation Committee Meeting
- Kim Estes Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024
- Novavax and Gavi Reach Settlement on 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Advance Purchase Agreement
- Law Offices of R. Ross Jacinto: A New Chapter in Pasadena's Legal Landscape
Up To Date Laundry is one of the largest health care laundries on the East Coast, processing an impressive 70 million pounds of linen each year. The Local 355 members are responsible for delivering rental and customer-owned linens to hospitals throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
Jamon Conway, a veteran driver with 13 years of experience at Up To Date Laundry, spoke about their decision to join the Teamsters. "We knew we were not getting a fair shake, so we reached out to the Teamsters for assistance," he said. "We all like our jobs, but we have not been receiving the respect from management that we deserve."
Local 355 represents nearly 6,000 men and women employed in both public and private sectors in Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware. For more information about their work and efforts, visit teamsters355.com.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Marylandian
- Maryland: Preliminary Testing Confirms Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in a Charles County Backyard Flock
- Axiros is Proud to Announce a New Release of TR-369/USP Controller - AX USP 2.7
- Beyond the Star Seller Badge: Link.Store's Analysis of Top 100 Etsy Sellers Shows Diverse Paths to Success
- Titan Advanced Solutions, Inc. Awarded GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract by General Services Administration
- MEDIA ADVISORY - Building a Healthier New Jersey
- Torres Trade Law Recognized in the Chambers Texas Regional Spotlight Guide for 2024
- TRONUS: First Female Athlete-Owned Sneaker Company Backs USA Flag Football, Sponsors Star Athletes, and Redefines Recovery Footwear
- Demystifying California's Governmental Process
- Top Arizona Real Estate Team Switches to LPT Realty for Strategic Growth
- MSM Advisors CPAs and Small Business Advisors is a 2023 Best of Gwinnett Winner
- Famer App: Transforming Youth Sports with 89% of Parents Reporting Skill Improvement
- Natalie Jean Releases New Country Rock Song "The What For" Written by Natalie Jean and Nicki Kris
- AI Writing Team Launches Innovative Multi-AI Content Creation Platform
- Multiple-Award-Winning Documentary 'Becoming Black Lawyers' Premieres This Week on the FOX SOUL TV Streaming Network
- Skyline Design Debuts Innovative Horizon Pergola Dining Collection at High Point Market's New Interhall IH304 Showroom
- Alta Vista Technology Announces Merger with Digitek Solutions
- DonnaInk Publications Celebrates the Literary Journey of Gerhard Plenert
- Donna L. Quesinberry: Pioneering Excellence in Brand Development and Business Writing
- Sansu Ramsey receives International Women's Day Honors for 2024
- Dragos OT Cybersecurity "Year in Review" Reports Rise in Geopolitically Driven Attacks, Ransomware, and Threat Groups