The Fund has approximately $3.5 million available to invest in innovative technologies during FY 2020, which ends June 30, 2020. There is no maximum or minimum request. To be eligible for financial assistance, the project must have a strong potential to improve public health and the environment; preserve the viability of the agriculture industry; and have a positive economic development impact in Maryland.
Applications can be downloaded on the department's Animal Waste Technology Grants website. Proposals should be submitted by 4 p.m. on December 1, 2019 to:
Ms. Alisha Mulkey
Maryland Department of Agriculture — Office of Resource Conservation
More on Marylandian
- PINC Named 2020 Food Logistics' Top Green Provider
- COVID-19 Virtual Waiting Room Solution for Small Businesses Helps to Ensure Client Safety
- Author Pens "The Purse" Offering Advice on Avoiding Unhealthy Relationships
- GP Strategies Partners with Whisbi to Provide Innovative Digital Sales Capabilities to Automotive Dealerships
- "Why they are not Dying" Centenarians and their Resilience in the Age of COVID-19
50 Harry S. Truman Parkway
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Email submissions with application attachments in PDF or Word format are preferred. Please view the Fund's 2020 Request for Proposals for more information regarding application submission, eligibility, and deadlines.
The purpose of this Fund is to encourage the development and implementation of proven and innovative technologies that manage agricultural manure and on-farm generated waste in a manner that reduces the amount of nutrients in the waste; changes the product's form or function for alternative uses; or produces energy or other marketable products from the waste.
Maryland and other Bay jurisdictions are in the final phase of a multi-state Bay cleanup effort that is working to restore the health of the Chesapeake Bay by reducing the amount of sediment and nutrients — mainly nitrogen and phosphorus — entering its waters by 2025.
More on Marylandian
- Best Dedicated Servers in Europe Network and PoPs
- American BioDefense Institute Commends Congressman Gosar For BioSecurity Amendment
- 2nd Annual Mile High Denver Boutique Week!
- Evolve IP Releases RECAP – AI Driven Speech Analytics And Voice Recording Platform For Microsoft Teams, Unified Communications and Contact Center
- ASI Introduces "iMIS Inspire for Virtual Conferences Powered by OpenWater"
While poultry litter and livestock manure make excellent fertilizers and soil amendments, their use as a crop fertilizer creates challenges for farms with high soil phosphorus levels. To help these producers protect waterways from excess phosphorus and remain profitable, Maryland is investing in technologies that support new uses for manure such as alternative product development and manure-to-energy projects that add value to the farm business model.
Funding support for the Animal Waste Technology Fund is provided by the Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays Trust Fund and the Maryland Energy Administration. For more information, visit the Animal Waste Technology Grants' website or contact Alisha Mulkey at 410-841-5863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- Protecting Remote Workers: Intellectmap Launches Remote Work Cybersecurity Solution
- Ocean Conservation Nonprofit, OctoNation, 1 of 14 in North America Accepted to Facebook Community Accelerator Program
- AI.Reverie Awarded $1.5M AFWERX Phase 2 SBIR Contract from U.S. Air Force
- First Published Clinical Trial Using Live Biotherapeutic Candidate In COVID-19 Patients Suggests Role In Improving Outcomes
- Acumentrics Announces New Website Launch
- Reinvent yourself in the Workplace Adjusting to COVID-19
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Trump visit to Atlanta focuses on I-75 South expansion
- Meeting Notice: Maryland Young Farmers Advisory Board to Meet July 15 via Teleconference
- PreK-12 Instructional Resource Providers Adjust to a COVID-19-Defining Market
- Maryland's Best Ice Cream Trail Returns for 2020 Season
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Emily Rucinski, CPA, CCIFP®, Joins The Hoffman Group, LLC
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Movilitas.Cloud™ Verification Router Service (VRS) Solution Simplifies DSCSA Compliance for Pharmaceutical Wholesale Distributors and Manufacturers
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Black Kids Swim Launches "The Gorée Project"