The Fund has approximately $3.5 million available to invest in innovative technologies during FY 2020, which ends June 30, 2020. There is no maximum or minimum request. To be eligible for financial assistance, the project must have a strong potential to improve public health and the environment; preserve the viability of the agriculture industry; and have a positive economic development impact in Maryland.
Applications can be downloaded on the department's Animal Waste Technology Grants website. Proposals should be submitted by 4 p.m. on December 1, 2019 to:
Ms. Alisha Mulkey
Maryland Department of Agriculture — Office of Resource Conservation
More on Marylandian
- MASTER Tape Head Preamplifier for Reel to Reel Tape Decks from Merrill Audio
- Research On Mobile Revenue Up 200% Yoy
- Transformation Christian Fellowship Brings In The New Year With A Powerful Worship Experience called Vision Sunday
- Changing Faces: America Nods to a Popular Protein
- FDA approves new treatment for adults with partial-onset seizures
50 Harry S. Truman Parkway
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Email submissions with application attachments in PDF or Word format are preferred. Please view the Fund's 2020 Request for Proposals for more information regarding application submission, eligibility, and deadlines.
The purpose of this Fund is to encourage the development and implementation of proven and innovative technologies that manage agricultural manure and on-farm generated waste in a manner that reduces the amount of nutrients in the waste; changes the product's form or function for alternative uses; or produces energy or other marketable products from the waste.
Maryland and other Bay jurisdictions are in the final phase of a multi-state Bay cleanup effort that is working to restore the health of the Chesapeake Bay by reducing the amount of sediment and nutrients — mainly nitrogen and phosphorus — entering its waters by 2025.
More on Marylandian
- One Park Financial Again Recognized as One of the "Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America" Named to the 2019 Entrepreneur360 List by Entrepreneur
- Barcoding, Inc. Shares New Research and Resources for Businesses Migrating to Android in 2020
- Dakshidin Corporation (DKSC), Announces Hemp Cultivation Joint Venture in Oregon
- Bee Mortgage App Named One of Inaugural Issuers on Fundopolis
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Expands Global Presence with Baltimore North Opening
While poultry litter and livestock manure make excellent fertilizers and soil amendments, their use as a crop fertilizer creates challenges for farms with high soil phosphorus levels. To help these producers protect waterways from excess phosphorus and remain profitable, Maryland is investing in technologies that support new uses for manure such as alternative product development and manure-to-energy projects that add value to the farm business model.
Funding support for the Animal Waste Technology Fund is provided by the Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays Trust Fund and the Maryland Energy Administration. For more information, visit the Animal Waste Technology Grants' website or contact Alisha Mulkey at 410-841-5863 or email@example.com.
# # #
Follow Maryland Department of Agriculture on Twitter @MdAgDept
Latest on Marylandian
- ArmadaHealth® Announces the QualityCare Navigator℠, the First of its Kind Healthcare Navigation-as-a-Service
- Community Foundation of Frederick County Award Grant to Weinberg Center
- NYC Church Takes A Radical Approach To Grief During Thanksgiving Weekend
- GIA Wellness Introduces Two Revolutionary Skin Nourishment Products
- 7pace Releases Timetracker 5 with new Dashboards for Azure DevOps
- DeRonja Real Estate Hires Bradley Congleton
- HoloBuilder Announces Partnership with Boston Dynamics
- CourMed Partners with Expert Logistics Firm To Scale The Delivery of Healthcare Items Nationwide
- Scott Cooper Miami Announces Scholarship Winners
- The Chatman Women's Foundation Gives Financial Support to Local Women
- Fujisan Mishima Tokyu Hotel to Open by Mt. Fuji in June 2020 ... Reservations Being Accepted from December 3, 2019!
- McMillan Metro, P.C. Lawyers Named Top Attorneys By Bethesda Magazine
- Newest Digital Media Solutions Office Named Top Workplace In San Diego
- NewDay USA Celebrates Veterans Appreciation Day
- Serpmart Digital Marketing, Wholesale Web Design and Digital Marketing Services For Businesses That Want Growth
- Hurdle Realty Celebrates Half a Century of Bringing Home the American Dream
- Department Encourages Farmers to Participate in Maryland Food Donation Pilot Program
- Singapore FinTech Festival 2019 Reinvents IT industry
- PearlFection Dentistry invests in state of the art Cone Beam CT scanner (3D imaging), Panoramic X-ray System, and Cephalometric X-ray system
- Bob Holz to Release New Album with Rolling Stones Bassist Darryl Jones